Workshops designed to help create quality practices.
All workshops are hands-on experiences integrated with theoretical components. Concept books are available to support understanding and implementation processes.
Types of workshop offerings:
- Child Guidance - Emphasis is on positive child guidance techniques to help children learn to control their own behaviours.
- Quality Practices - Workshops focus on core elements of quality and the development of practical implementation strategies suitable for Individual programs.
- Child Development and Observations - Participants will gain understanding of observation, Â documentation, and interpretation skills to meet children's interests, strengths, and needs.
- Active Play - These workshops involve creating greater understanding of the importance of play as the way young children learn and strategies for setting up an active play environment.
- Creating Effective Learning Environments - Strategies include evaluation, organization and implementation of learning spaces that encourage active participation and enhance the optimal growth and development of all children.
- Culturally Appropriate and Sensitive Learning Environments - Emphasis is on organization of diversity activities, resources, and materials to develop children's understanding of cultural practices and foster greater understanding and acceptance of individual similarities and differences.
- Families as Partners - The focus is to develop strategies that foster active partnerships of families in all aspects of the program.
- Emergent Curriculum - The development of a program that has a focus on the children as the initiators of personal learnings leading to a program that is based on the interests, strengths, and needs of all children.
- Special Needs - Emphasis in these workshops is on how to establish and inclusive environments that recognizes and supports individual differences.
Workshops may be offered in a variety of delivery options. These include workshops:
- On a specific topic
- Specific to a particular location
- Specific to an identified need
- Addressing current research
- Addressing current issues
- To increase quality practices
- Focus on learning environments
The format of the workshops involves active participation. Participants are expected to:
- Reflect on their individual knowledge, skills, and background experiences
- Fully engage in practical hands-on learning activities
- Work in groups or individually
Each workshop will include a certificate of completion that identifies the learning outcomes
and competencies reached by all individuals.
Successful completion of all workshops includes:
- Group participation
- Individual participation
- Completion of a variety of tasks
- Manipulation of materials
- Individual and group reflections
- Demonstrations of learning
Participants should prepare for workshops by:
- Bringing questions
- Identifying concerns or issues
- Identifying personal experiences that relate to the topic of the workshop